Tuesday, July 16, 2019

chrome for android - I don't want ANY action to take place within the Google Now launcher for default browser


This seems to be a totally unanswered topic, please enlighten me but...


I don't want ANY action to take place within the Google Now launcher for default browser. I simply want to click on the search box and have it display results for me within Google. I can't get it to stop "asking" for a browser or going to Chrome or going to the default browser. Why can't I simply turn this off?


The default browser constantly pops up unrelenting, not allowing me to use my Google card settings, and simple search box. If I set a default browser, it will actually launch Chrome right out of the Google app, not allowing a simple search within the app.


Going into privacy and turning off "Open web pages in app" does not work, it still opens Chrome. There must be a way, beacuse essentially Google Now cards is useless and the Google Widget is useless, because it always opens Chrome under all circumstances.


Similar to Stop Google Search Opening in Chrome




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...