Thursday, July 18, 2019

Cyanogenmod custom recovery can't backup, restore or apply an update!


I just installed Cyanogenmod. It's my understanding Cyanogenmod is a ROM so I was bit suprised when my TWRP custom recovery was replaced by Cyanogenmod's own recovery. Why is this?


Cyanogenmod's recovery can't do anything; it has no backup or restore options and each time I try to apply an update it says-



signature verification failed.




  1. Is it possible to get back to CWM or TWRP or somehow get Cyanogenmod's recovery to work?



I can't flash a new custom recovery from the phone since Cyanogenmod's recovery fails at flashing, and I tried using fastboot from the computer and it appears to flash TWRP but then it just goes by to Cyanogenmod's recovery.



  1. I once read that TWRP/CWM only work with stock kernel and Cyanogenmod has it's own kernel so they won't work. Is this true?


I don't think it's relevant to the question but my phone is Xperia Z2 D6503 and the CM is 12 (Lollipop)



Answer



From xda thread: CyanogenMod recovery is basic, so you have to flash another one. The easiest way is to use rashr app and it worked for me perfectly


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...