Monday, May 1, 2017

audio - Turn off the notification sound at system level - Android Marshmallow


I have an OPO 3 and I was wondering if there is a possibility to turn off the notification sound for all app, but I would like to retain ringtone sound as well as vibration.


Normally on Samsung S6, there's a possibility to do this when you press the Volume rocker key.


My device is rooted and have Xposed installed. I tried Ringer & Notification Volume unlink xposed module but that doesn't seem to work.


This is something that I miss very badly, it's tragic that google didn't encompass this feature by default.



Answer



Automation is the preferred option. Many apps are available. I prefer using MacroDroid , since it is free (upto 5 macros) and easy to learn. To understand how MacroDroid works and required settings, my answer here




Your macro would look like this




  • Macro : Kill Notification (name of macro )


Trigger: Application Launched ( choose from the drop down the apps for which you want the macro to run)


Action: Notification Sound ( select none, since you don't want any)


Constraints: None ( which means this macro always runs whenever chosen apps are launched)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...