Monday, May 29, 2017

Android apps not working with HTTP proxy


So I want to redirect my Android phone's HTTP traffic through a proxy running on my computer, in my case Burp Suite. I tried doing so by changing the WiFi settings and also by using the Drony app. I also installed Burp's SSL certificate on my phone. When I visit websites using Chrome, everything works fine both on HTTP and on HTTPS, and I can see all the requests on Burp. But when I use a different app - any app - I get a "cannot connect to the Internet" error message and I can't use the app.


Does anyone know how to fix this issue? I should also mention that my phone is not rooted.


Thanks!




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...