Wednesday, May 3, 2017

2.2 froyo - Display timout resets to 15 seconds occasionally


Hi on my SGT the display timout resets to 15 seconds occasionally. I can't reproduce this behavior but it seems that this reset happens at every reboot at least and sometimes when connecting/disconnecting the powersupply.


Can someone tell me how to have this setting fixed again at 10 minutes?


If it helps, the phone is rooted, but I am not sure if this problem occurred already before root. At least unrooting did not help. Also I have my battery saving software let the settings back to default and then deinstalled, did not help either.



Answer




I suspect that the 'battery saving software' might have caused the issues. Did you experience these issues before installing the app ? There is a couple of ways which might help restore original settings :



  • A factory reset might set it right.

  • Alternatively if you have a backup of your original firmware you might want to try reflashing your phone after backing up all data.


ps : The name of the app you were using might help out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...