Saturday, May 6, 2017

Samsung Galaxy S4: Get files from broken & locked screen


I have a Samsung Galaxy S4. I broke the screen a few days back and it was locked at the time. The phone is working because it can charge and I can hear the alarm and incoming calls and messages but I can't see a thing because it is all black. I can't possibly unlock the phone because the touch is not working too. I need to retrieve my files from the phone. So when I connect my phone using a USB to my MAC, it shows me absolutely nothing except this error:


 If your device's screen is locked, disconnect its USB cable, unlock your screen, and then reconnect the USB cable. 

Like I said, I cannot unlock the screen. I can't use Samsung's Find my Phone application because I never added a Samsung Account to it and so my device is not registered for remote data recovery. enter image description here When I connect my phone to my HP laptop via USB, it shows nothing, not even an error.


Is there any way I can unlock my phone remotely and retrieve my files?





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...