Saturday, May 20, 2017

How can I add a shortcut to a particular Google Drive document to my Android homescreen?


How can I add a shortcut to a particular Google Drive document to my Android homescreen?


This is the Android analog to this question. Using a URL doesn't work, since I don't want to open the browser and I want to directly access a Google Drive file I have made available offline.


Could QuickShortcutMaker be used? Looking through it briefly, (see here) it doesn't look possible because the "intents" used by QuickShortcutMaker don't take arguments such as a filename.



Answer



You should be able to do this natively.


Android 3.0 (and below):


In your launcher, press and hold on a blank area and click "Shortcuts". Select "Drive Shortcut", then your document, and it will create a link for you.


Android 4.0 (and above)


Open your app drawer and jump to the Widgets section. Swipe until you get to "Drive Shortcut". Long-press and drop on your desktop. Choose the account to use (if necessary) then select the document.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...