Saturday, May 20, 2017

sms - How can I deal with mass texts from an Apple phone when using an Android phone?


Occasionally one of my friends using an iPhone will send out a mass text, and for the next few days I get spammed with texts from all the other numbers they sent it to, most of them unidentified on my phone, and since some of them are responding to each other, none of them make any sense. It's incredibly annoying. Presumably iPhones have something that can detect and properly order mass texts, as Apple wouldn't want to annoy their own users, only Android users. Is there something I can do to make the mass text make more sense on my end?



Answer



Jelly Bean upgrade (4.2) add support for group messaging. So, two solutions :





  • upgrade your phone to Jelly Bean 4.2.




  • install a third party application that handles it : this one seems to have a fair number of good reviews.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...