Tuesday, May 9, 2017

How can I view SSL certificate information (the padlock popup in Chrome desktop) in Chrome Mobile?


When I'm on my Desktop Chrome, I can click on the padlock icon in the address bar and see the information about my SSL connection, like the TLS version, the certificate strength, the authority that issued the certificate, and whether there's unsecured content on the website.


Is there a way to view this information on Chrome Mobile on an Android device? In case it matters, the Android version is 4.4.2, but will likely soon change to 5.0, but if it's different for both versions, I'm interested in both methods.


I tried just tapping on the padlock icon in the address bar, but it just gives the url and "your connection is private" and an option to copy the URL.


To clarify: this is all that I see when tapping the padlock:



(Click image to enlarge)



No mention of SSL version or similar stuff.



Answer



The page info was simplified as the security information was cryptic for "most users": https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=302561


A subsequent issue has been raised to reimplement more detailed connection info: https://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=425158


The latter issue has reportedly been started/assigned, so hopefully this will be fixed soon.


EDIT: Chrome 44 for Android has now been released (as stable). This reintroduces the connection info.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...