Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Is there any highlighting or annotating software for ODT -format: LibreOffice or OpenOffice?



I read my LibreOffice/OpenOffice documents with tablets and smartphones. Is there any software for the ODT -format which allows me to edit such files. I often find things which I should fix and would like to note that to the file.



Answer



Currently there is no such software. However, the LibreOffice team is working on an app. A prototype was reviewed e.g. here, if you want to take a look. No release date so far, but it will hopefully hit the market soon -- it is really strongly needed, as there is not a single Office app capable of working with OpenDocument formats (aside from AndrOffice, which is a spreadsheet-only app and obviously discontinued, as it is no longer listed on the playstore).


Until then: There's a Viewer app available at least, OpenOffice Document Reader...





UPDATE: Meanwhile, things have changed, and you have the choice between AndrOpen Office and TextMaker Mobile for read/write access, as well as Coffice and the already mentioned OpenDocument Reader for read-only access.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...