Friday, May 1, 2015

motorola droid - How can I stop the Music app from launching when headphone is plugged in?



I have a Moto Droid, running Android 2.2 (Froyo), although this behavior also existed on 2.1. Whenever I plug something in the headphone jack, the Music app will start up (sometimes with a bit of a delay) and start playing something (generally Christmas music). More often than not, I'm plugging in headphones to use Google Listen to listen to podcasts... if Listen is already running, I may end up with both apps playing at the same time.


The Music app doesn't seem to have any settings that would affect this behavior. Is there some way, short of deleting all of the music so that there's nothing to play?



Answer



It's been reported as a known issue on code.google.com. There's a long list of 79 comments which seem to indicate that rooting and adding a program called "Autostarts" fixes the problem. This is obviously not something everyone is going to want to do... be careful if you go that route.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...