Monday, May 4, 2015

customization - Is there a user accessible font size preference?


I would like to change the font size throughout the entire operating system, not just in one app or on one screen. Is there a way to do this?


Searching the internet brought up someone saying the Spare Parts app on the Market can do this, but that was incorrect. Its font size preference only affects the app itself.


The developer documentation does seem to imply there is a user font size preference. From http://developer.android.com/intl/fr/guide/topics/resources/more-resources.html :




sp Scale-independent Pixels - this is like the dp unit, but it is also scaled by the user's font size preference.



But it does not say anything about how a user is supposed to set this. I don't see it in the settings on the phones I have.



Answer



There is now a setting for this, though I'm not sure if it is in stock Android and since which version it is available. It was definitely there in Sony's Gingerbread and ICS ROMs (Xperia Neo V) and Cyanogenmod 9/10.


In Cyanogenmod 9+, it's in the "System" submenu below the "Interface" caption.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...