Thursday, May 28, 2015

Removing encryption from recovery


I'm running CyanogenMod 12 nightly on my G900T (klte). Everything works great except for the default encryption password, which causes my phone to boot loop.


I've formatted data and done factory resets, but /data is still encrypted and shows up as /dev/dm-0.


Is there a command that I can do to remove the encryption? I don't care about the data, I want it all gone. I just want to get back to having /data and the internal storage being stored in plaintext on disk to be able to boot into CyanogenMod.


How can I use adb shell to remove the encryption on these partitions?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...