Friday, May 1, 2015

root access - Reverse Tethering over USB with non rooted Android 5.1 Phone and Linux PC


I have a PC running Slackware Linux and a non rooted Motorola Moto-G with Android 5.1. Following this guide I should be able to share PC internet connection with my phone. But when I finally launch last command from PC as root:


# adb shell netcfg usb0 dhcp


It says that operation is not permitted, I think due to lack of privileges:


action 'dhcp' failed (Permission denied)

I think may be the phone has to be rooted. I saw some question like this but related to older Android versions, so I ask you a confirm:


Is there any way to share PC internet connection with my Moto-G over USB without root permissions on the phone?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...