Friday, May 1, 2015

rooting - How can I root my Prestigio MultiPad (PMP3670B)?


I want to install ArchiLinux on my multipad. I have tried to root my Prestigio MultiPad (model: PMP3670B) using some rooting apps I had found on the Internet, but all of them have requested an adb driver, which I have problems installing on my XP because it won't autodetect the device. As mentioned in all the instructions I had set my device to USB Debugging Mode and to MTP Mode.


I downloaded SDK and, using a couple of instructions, including some on modifying android_winusb.inf and adb_usb.inf, several times tried to install it manually. The Device Manager displayed MultiPad as two devices (MTP and Android), that had an icon with a yellow question mark. The best I could achieve was making the Add Hardware Wizard detect the MTP (it still wont detect the Android).


Using The command prompt I opened platform tools folder and executed adb kill-server, adb start-server and adb device commands, but the "List of devices attached" was empty.


Also when I tried unchecking the USB Debugging Mode on the Multipad and my XP started displaying it as a Portable Media Player.


This is my first tabled, so I'm really inexperienced. I guess I'm making a mistake somewhere, but I can't figure out where.


Maybe someone has rooted this or similar Prestigio MultiPad on XP and could help me?





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...