Sunday, May 24, 2015

cyanogenmod - Minimal .apks for play store



I just installed CyanogenMod 10.2 on HTC One X+ and I want to install ONLY the Google Play Store. I know there is Gapps, but I want to have even less apps on my phone than what is in that package. I searched already for a long time on the internet, but couldn't find a clear solution. I hope you can help me :) (I know about F-Droid, also have that on my phone, but I wish to have Play Store too)




Note


If you don't put "GmsCore.apk" on your phone, Google Play Store will start, but you will have no connection in the store.




I can start Play Store and have connection with the store, but the moment I want to install an app or check for updates (settings --> Build version (4.6.16)) it says: "Unfortunately, Google Play Store has stopped." How to solve this?



Answer



Well... finding an old package, looking at those files I discovered the answer. Sometimes it takes very long to find it and the solution is simple.



You should also move "Phonesky.apk" to /system/app/ folder and then restart your phone.




Edit: WARNING 2015-05-16


Even though this works, I now recommended just installing the whole gapps. Just now I tried to update my cyanogenmod to CM 11, which failed, but when trying to set my backup back, all was reset to the state when you just flashed CM (although the data was still there, so smart apps recognize this). This was solved by 1 of the following 2 things:




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...