Friday, December 19, 2014

settings - Hide Developer Options in Android 4.2


I know how to show the developer options menu. How do I hide it again?




Answer



Clearing the data on the "settings" app will get rid of the developer options on the Galaxy Nexus (at least on 4.1. Not sure about 4.2), but that may only work on that device. It doesn't do it on my Galaxy S3.


Note: The above action clears the settings of the settings app, i.e. not actually importanty data per se. You should be fine doing this.


The only other known method to get rid of them requires root and deleting /data/data/com.android.settings/shared_prefs/development.xml.
See Where are the developer options in Android 4.2?


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...