Thursday, December 11, 2014

Managing calls between carrier number and Google Voice, using GV as primary


I'm looking for the best way to set-up/manage my calls between the carrier # and Google Voice as I use both.


I'm using a Samsung S4 on VZW (however I would prefer to use phone/Google Voice/app to manage rather than rely on VZW settings)


I have certain calls go to Google Voice and the rest go to carrier. The problem is that the 'other' calls are many and I was sick of hearing my phone ring all day when I only want to receive those calls at specified times. Part of my solution was figuring out how to set-up call blocking on the S4 (last phone was a Thunderbolt and as far as I knew this wasn't in the settings)


My big problem now is that every blocked call ends up going to my Voice-mail and a lot of them have automated recordings so my inbox is filling up. I'd like to find a way to block all carrier calls, and not allow them to forward to my Google Voice inbox for Voice-mail on a specified schedule.


e.g. Block all calls/VM's M-F 1am-1pm





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...