Thursday, December 18, 2014

Can I backup my APN settings?


Where are my Access Point Names stored in the file system? Can I back them up via adb shell?


My phone is unlocked (AT&T Contract. Le sigh.) and I'm inching towards modding it but I want to be sure I've got my APN settings.



Answer



Yes, just copy the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml file.


You can also use an app like APN Backup & Restore: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.riteshsahu.APNBackupRestore


Edit: To backup manually-entered APNs (or ones otherwise not part of your ROM, such as ones "imported" when you insert a new SIM card) you also need to back up



/data/data/com.android.settings/shared_prefs/com.android.settings_preferences.x­ml

APN Backup & Restore does not do this.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...