Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Turn off notification sounds and vibrations while allowing phone calls to trigger sound and/or vibration on Nexus 5


I have a Nexus 5 running Android 4.3.2. I want to turn off all sound and vibration notifications for all apps, while allowing phone calls to trigger sound and/or vibrations. Is there a way to do this?


I have tried following the advice at How can I turn off Notification Sounds and leave phone sounds on but the answers don't work. There's no separate slider for notifications, and the AudioManager app doesn't shut off vibrations. I have tried the official Google answer but there's no setting, Vibrate -> Never, and setting notifications to silent does not stop the vibrations. I've tried the individual app settings, too, but there's no setting for vibration in the official twitter app, for example.


I can stop specific apps from sending any notifications at all, but that's not what I want. I want the notifications to show up in the drop-down, I just don't want any sounds or vibrations.




Answer



This is an issue I have as well, it lies with the apps, whose settings override the default ringer and vibration settings. In order to completely disable vibrations you will have to disable them in Settings > Sound, and individually in each app.


Twitter app you will have to go to Settings > and there is a Notification Settings sections that allows you to disable vibration.


As an aspiring developer, it will be my goal to default to system settings but allow for customization, as it should be...


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...