Tuesday, December 30, 2014

samsung galaxy s 2 - How do I check who is connecting to my hotspot?


Is there any way to check who is connecting to my hotspot? I am using a rooted Samsung Galaxy SII.


I use the SII's tethering feature in: Settings > Wireless and network > Tethering and portable hotspot > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot settings > Portable Wi-Fi hotspot to create my hotspot.



Answer



As mentioned in a comment it really depends on what app you are using to provide tethering.


On the stock HTC tethering app there is a view called "Manage users" which lets you see a list of connected devices listed be resolved host name. Touching each device reveals its hardware address and currently assigned IP address.HTC tethering app - manage users


As far as I can recall it is the same for the stock Samsung G S2 (at least in this region - northern europe).


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...