Sunday, December 7, 2014

applications - Why do phone makers not let me uninstall their pre-bundled apps?



When I got my most recent phone, a Samsung Galaxy S5, it came with all sorts of apps that I never touch. "Kids Mode", "Samsung Health", "Samsung Remote", and a host of other apps that I haven't used and will never use.


I understand why these come preinstalled. It's offering the option to use them, and I'm sure some users will find it convenient to have suggested uses for their phone.



What I don't understand is why I can't get rid of them. What is the value for anyone in forcing me to keep applications I will never use?


Bonus question: Can I get rid of them? My phone is rooted.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...