Saturday, December 13, 2014

navigation - What can I do when my GPS doesn't work (or if my tablet doesn't have GPS)?


The problem: I want to use an (offline|online) navigation app but:



  • I have an Asus Transformer Prime with very bad GPS reception

  • I have a tablet without GPS (e.g., a Nook Color)


  • My phone has a very low GPS signal
    (Samsung is infamous here, Galaxy S, Nexus S, Gio and so on all have users complaining about it)

  • My phone often loses track of GPS satellites


My device has Bluetooth however.


What can I do to get a working and precise GPS signal?



Answer



I have several bluetooth-GPS adapters that I use with all of my devices when I need a superb signal because a specialiced receiver is almost always superior to a smartphone's internal GPS (due to integration constraints).



It's very handy for my Nook Color tablet that has no GPS but bluetooth (Asus Transformer Prime users also have this kind of problem).



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...