Thursday, December 4, 2014

headphones - Would Apple EarPods work on my Android phone?


Apple just launched the iPhone 5; together with that they landed new earphones they call 'EarPods'. I have an HTC Desire HD Android-based phone. It has a 3,5mm jack just as the iPhone. Would the earphones and microphone of the EarPods work on my phone as well? Having good quality earbuds that stick in my ear sounds attractive to me.


I do not care about the controls per se, and I'm pretty sure the sound will also work, but I'm not sure about the microphone. Also, how much of the improved sound and noise reduction is implemented in the software?




Answer



Firstly because they use the 3.5mm standard they will transmit sound to Android just as you would expect on the iPhone. All the controls work fine with the exception of the volume up and down. The microphone works currently on Android as well.


Source: http://www.androidcentral.com/earpods-ear-holes-android


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...