Thursday, December 18, 2014

installation - Why can't I install apps when I have enough storage?


In "Settings" > "SD card & phone storage settings" under "Internal Phone Storage" it lists "Available Space" as 13.78MB. I'm trying to install an app that is 2.38MB. Why do I get the "Insufficient storage available" error message? I clearly have enough space.


If it's relevant, my phone is an LG Optimus V.



Answer



Android devices actually have several different buckets of storage that can fill up independently, any one of them can cause an "insufficient storage" error. This question: Why is "insufficient storage" wrongly reported when installing an .apk via adb? seems to cover the details and options best.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...