Sunday, October 12, 2014

device firmware - How to restore the IMEI number on the Samsung Galaxy S4 I9505? (IMEI=Unknown, Baseband=Unknown, Sim Card Not Detected)



Hello, I lost my IMEI number on my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505 today and I would like to restore my original IMEI back to my phone. I still have my original IMEI of my phone written down. And my Sim Card is not detected.


I do not have any backups!
I didn't make any backups of /efs (sorry!), will do that when I have this problem fixed and backup it on all my computers.


I have searched Google and www.Android.StackExchange.com but couldn't find anything that worked for me. (So please don't mark this as a duplicate question)






  • Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9505


  • I live in The Netherlands

  • My carrier is KPN (if you wanted to know that)

  • I have my IMEI number written down

  • I do not have any backups of /efs! (sorry!)

  • IMEI = Unknown

  • Baseband = Unknown

  • Sim Card not detected






I dialed *#06# to get the IMEI number:


Screenshot - I dialed <code>*#06#</code> to get the **IMEI** number


The hidden menu in Android: (*#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#*):


Screenshot - The hidden menu in Android: (*#*#4636#*#* or *#*#INFO#*#*)







  • Of course, I flashed the stock ROM back on my phone. (Android 4.4.2)





  • I downloaded a backup of /efs from someone else on the internet and flashed that on my phone. However the IMEI is still "Unknown".




  • When I flash the stock ROM on my phone for my country (The Netherlands), it did restore my IMEI. However WIFI didn't work on the stock ROM, and when I flash Cyanogenmod back on my phone, I don't have an IMEI anymore. (So I think the IMEI wasn't written permanently on my phone).






Any help is appreciated.
If I need to add some more information, just tell me. Thanks!




Answer



After all this was a simple bug in the cm12.1-20150623 nightly. It has been fixed in the cm12.1-20150629 nightly. For more information about this bug you look here: CM12.1 Nightly no Sim found. For all the people helped me so far, thanks for your support.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...