Thursday, October 16, 2014

Cleaning up Samsung S2 memory


When I use the application manager, I see that 1.8GB are occupied out of 2GB available. This of course causes issues when installing apps and brings up a warning notifications that some system services may malfunction. However, if I sum the memory taken by my apps, I come up at 1GB, and many of these apps have been moved to the SD card.


I've tried to use Clean Master to free space, but without much success.


So I want to cleanup files manually. What partitions on the phone's system are the ones in the 2GB space? Is it the root partition?



Answer



/storage/sdcard/android is probably where all the data is. You can manually delete files out of there, but I would recommend using the application SD Card Maid. I say that just because it has a lot of functions to clean up data from apps that are no longer installed.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...