Thursday, October 23, 2014

6.0 marshmallow - Grant an app write access to external storage that does not request it?



I would like to grant the Syncthing app write access to external storage in Marshmallow. The app does not request it explicitly (unlike other apps that seem to use the Storage Access Framework to do so).


In the app permissions screen, there is no permission listed for external storage, only for 'storage' (which seems to mean internal storage). So there does not seem to be any direct way to grant this permission.


My phone is rooted and I could just run Syncthing as root - but this option creates many problems and sometimes results in the app hanging indefinitely.


Is there any other way around this problem?




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...