Thursday, October 23, 2014

Is it possible to use an Android device as X11 server for a remote machine over SSH?


When my desktop computer is up, I can connect to it with my notebook, even over the internet (I've set up my router to forward SSH to my desktop computer). My desktop computer runs GNU/Linux (Ubuntu distro), so I can use it with X terminal. My notebook also runs Ubuntu. I just need ssh -X desktop.ip.addr, then I can launch any program on my desktop machine.


So, the question is: what's the way of using Android as X-terminal over SSH?


I don't want to use VNC or other stuff. I think there must be some good SSH apps for Android (I've read about ConnectBot), but I haven't find anything about X11 (maybe it's my fault).




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...