Monday, October 13, 2014

installation - How to block any app from being installed?


My mom has an android tablet and she doesn't even know what a site is, her e-mail, or even the password of her facebook account. She's an average user. The internet is facebook in her eyes. She has no need for apps or anything, it's just, only, precisely facebook. All is facebook.


How can I completely disable installing apps in android so they can't be installed in any way or form, I mean, not by URL, not by clicking, not by app store, not even by another program. Just disable the entire thing altogether.


Doesn't need to be safe, have locks, passwords etc. I'm not trying to secure the device from intruders, attackers or robbers, I'm trying to secure it from its very own user.


Please help. I just had to remove two anti-virus apps that were opening adware pages when she tried to open facebook lite, and that's obviously a no-go, apps which she "had not installed." Clearly there's some voodoo going on here for them to just popup, or maybe she just did it unknowingly, but none of that's relevant. How can you just disable installs so this couldn't ever happen again?





No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...