Tuesday, October 14, 2014

4.0 ice cream sandwich - Galaxy Note apps on stock Android


I've just ordered a Samsung Galaxy Note, and since I generally don't like manufacturer-installed bloatware (TouchWiz etc.), I'd like to reflash it with a stock ICS ROM. However, one of the main reasons I've bought the Note is for the S-Pen functionality.


Is a vanilla ICS ROM capable of running the Note-specific S-Pen apps that come with the phone? If not, is there at least a way to make the phone look and behave as if it doesn't have TouchWiz?



Answer




At first, there's a current Hardbrick warning and a tool to diagnose this for the Galaxy Note (and other Samsung devices).


Here's the Galaxy Note N7000 CM9 team's current issue list, it doesn't mention missing S-Pen functionality (unlike an experimental build #1) so I guess it's fixed.


The CM9 alpha for N7000 announcement on XDA also mentions S-Pen beeing worked on.


And finally, here's the CM9 builds for N7000 and a full update guide.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...