Saturday, October 4, 2014

applications - New phone: How to transfer game progress?


I'm planning to buy a new Android phone and I'd like to be able to transfer the progress I have made at several games to the new device, so I won't have to play all the levels again from scratch.


I currently have an HTC Desire and will buy an HTC Evo 3D.


There's probably no simple/general solution to this.


But I was wondering if anyone did something similar and could provide some advice (e.g. where to look for files that might hold game progress information).



Answer



There are two places you should look for, the external memory (SD card or a directory that is used for similar purpose) and the internal memory (the /data/data directory). You may need to be rooted to access the latter.


In the best case scenario, the game saves all your progresses in the cloud, then you just need to reenter your login and it's all restored. This is typically only the case for online games.


Some games may provide a menu to export the save data or an external app to do so, if they exist then you should preferably use them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...