Wednesday, October 22, 2014

4.2 jelly bean - How do I scroll to the top of a list?


On iOS, I can single-tap the top of the screen to scroll any list all the way to the top. This doesn't seem to work on my Nexus 4 (4.2.1 / CM10.1) and for instance in the list of phone contacts this is particularly tedious.


Is there a similar gesture on Android?



I'm surprised that I couldn't find this as an existing question, but I did search for it.



Answer



There is a way to do this, based on the Xposed module installer. This requires rooted device!


As per this thread, tapping on the status bar will bring the scroll to the top.


It started out originally based on a thread in Reddit where this user blogged about her experience after ditching Apple for Android, and one of the things the user found troublesome was there was no way for Android to scroll to top, one of the devs that is a regular on the Xposed scene, developed the module to circumvent it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...