Saturday, October 25, 2014

rooting - fastboot doesn't see device



I've read a lot of articles about this problem but I can't resolve it. I decided to install my developer application on phone using wifi. To do this I need to do some things with my phone. The first step is to unlock bootloader. I stack on step 8, fastboot oem get_identifier_token shows info < waiting to device >. adb sees my device but fastboot can't. An idea?


My phone is HTC Wildfire S and these are steps which I am following:



  1. I restarted phone and entered into FASTBOOT USB mode

  2. I tried to run fastboot oem get_identifier_token command but without success.


I use Windows 7 Professional and my phone is recognized as HT1CSTR05155.



Answer



Problem solved. At the end I saw that drivers for android were not installed. I installed drivers from this site http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2126036 and device is visible by fastboot. One thing I don't understand is why adb saw device and fastboot not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...