Tuesday, October 21, 2014

I checked 'use as default' when choosing the default launcher, but now I can't start ADW.Launcher any more


I installed ADW.Launcher on my Galaxy S running Froyo (2.2) to check it out.


When it was installed, every time I pressed the 'home' button, I got a choice which launcher to start.


In the end I found this irritating, I choose the default installed one, and checked the 'use as default' check box.


All fine, but now, I can't seem to be able to start the ADW.Launcher any more.


No icon in my application list and none on my home screens.


How do I start ADW.Launcher again ( without re-installing it ). I verified that it is still installed on my device.




Answer



You need to remove the default setting for the Launcher application.


Menu | Settings | Applications | Manage applications | "All" | Launcher | Clear defaults


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...