Sunday, September 14, 2014

internal storage - Space problem in Samsung Galaxy Pocket GT-S5300


I've seen many questions on this site asking about the famous space problems in Android phones. None of those I've seen helped me and since none of them asked about my phone, I'd like to present a new case.


I have three memories, and this is a table showing the usage:


Screenshot usage


What's most bothering is how an advanced phone like this would have such basic problems. I've tried:



  • setting the default installing path to the SD card: No such setting.

  • moving apps to the SD Card using apps like App2SD: Some cannot be moved.



I really don't know what else to do. Am I really forced to delete apps? I don't want to delete any of those I've installed (they are 14), why should I do that with over 9 GB of free space available? I'm just hoping there's an option I missed.



Answer



I have solved my own problem today and I'd like to provide the solution for others that might encounter it. The actual Internal memory for this phone should amount to exactly 0,96 GB or close to that. I got aware of this comparing my phone to another one from the same model. I first tried formatting the Flash memory (or Mass memory) on my phone, but to no avail. So I tried doing a reset and it solved the issue.


To do this:



  1. Go to Settings.

  2. Choose Privacy.

  3. Select Factory data reset or the corresponding example in your native language.

  4. Wait for the phone to do its thing. You should see some code/script running on the screen. Now wait.

  5. When everything is loaded and you configured the minimum settings, open the application Task Manager. You should be able to see the correct size.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...