Friday, September 26, 2014

internal storage - Can I change the dalvik cache location e.g. with a symbolic link?


I currently use Link2SD since my phone's onboard storage is insufficient for more than a few essential apps. It is very effective but limited to when the phone is on.


While changing ROMs, the dalvik cache is wiped and when the phone restarts you see a progress bar saying Android is optimising applications. So given a reasonable number of applications, the dalvik cache fills up the storage long before link2sd can do anything about it.


So is there a way that mounts a sd card folder as the appropriate cache location before the system gets on with booting and doing its business? I know it might involve creating a symbolic link but I just don't know when things are mounted and in what order.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...