Sunday, September 28, 2014

Transferring continuous Android camera feed to PC through USB (in a background app/service)


I want to find a way in which I can continuously send the Android camera feed to my PC via USB. The reason for specifying USB, is because of performance requirements, I want it to be as fast as possible, hence preferring USB over Wifi. I need the app to be running in the background (will be a service I believe).


I tried some existing apps, but they do not meet my requirements.


Is there any way I can do this?



Answer



IP Webcam(see revisions) does allow the access on USB but it will not show you the option to access in its help section. All you've to do is activate USB-tethering on your device, start server on the said app,and access the server by entering 192.168.42.129:8080 in a browser on PC.


I tested this app on my device running Android 4.2.1.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...