Tuesday, September 30, 2014

2.2 froyo - Upgraded my phone from 1.6 to 2.2 Android version, if I restore "Factory Settings", which version it will be?




Possible Duplicate:
Will factory resetting my device remove the Android upgrade?



I upgraded my Galaxy 551 from 1.6 to 2.2 Android version some time ago with Samsung Kies, now I want to make a factory reset due to reset all of my settings and give the phone to my mother.


I'm wondering about wich version the factory reset will bring to me. It is the factory version (1.6) or the upgraded version (2.1)?



Answer



Factory Reset doesn't take your device back to factory condition. It just clears all data, settings, etc.



So your phone will not go back to older Android version. It will be on the upgraded Android version (or any ROM that you have installed) with all data cleared!


Watch this video for more help. At 5:30 the guy answers exactly what you are asking.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...