Friday, September 26, 2014

launcherpro - How to get to your settings without a home screen app?


I hadn't used my old HTC Hero for a while, but when I rebooted it I got an error saying:


LauncherPro has expired, please download an updated version.


But wifi was turned off and when I tried to get to the home screen, it kept sending me back into the browser. So how can I get to my settings, so I can turn on wifi to download it?


Or is there another way of updating it without me requiring to go to my settings?



Answer



Found this at: http://orlygoingthirty.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-to-uninstall-expired-launcherpro.html




I finally found a workable solution: download the latest LauncherPro APK (or hopefully any other APK). Connect your phone to your PC and mount the SD card. Copy the new APK to the top-level of the SD card and rename it to something short (like lp.apk).


Unmount the phone, then in the phone browser (which is the only thing LP lets you run), type the following in the URL bar:


file:///sdcard/lp.apk


(notice the three slashes)


This will force-launch the Installer application on the phone. Now on my phone, it was set to disallow non-Android Market apps from installing; since the APK is not off the Android Market, the phone popped up an error and offered to let me change the application setting. Which launches the Settings application.



No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...