Wednesday, September 10, 2014

oneplus 3 - Why fastboot devices is empty on Linux?


I'm using Ubuntu Yakkety Yak, 16.10.


According to Android SDK manager: Android SDK Tools v 25.0.3 Android Build Tools v 25.0.2 Android SDK Tools v 25.2.5


My phone is a OnePlus 3t and I'm developing for it for a while, adb works normally, udev rules are configured. I enabled OEM boot, and manage to reboot in a way which looks like to me fastboot. After rebooting to "fastboot" the device's USB id is exactly the same as in normal boot. That's suspicious because I read in some forums that it might be different after fastboot boot (I checked if I have to adjust udev rules).


fastboot devices


doesn't show any devices. My suspicion is that I don't really boot into fastboot mode. Here is capture when I reboot, I press the power button:


fastboot screen capture


If I don't press the power button, the up/down offers recovery mode. In recovery mode I can wipe all data or the cache and also install from internal storage or ADB. data decrypts successfully. Needless to say I cannot install SuperSU, TWRP img doesn't appear in that install menu.


(My goal is to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP and SuperSU so I can perform the xml file config mod for DayDream.)


Any help is appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...