Wednesday, September 3, 2014

file system - How do I record a ~45 minute 1080p video with external mic?


I am currently using the camcorder function that comes with lgcamera because it allows me to use the microphone as the source of sound input. But I found that it stops when the recording size reaches 1.9GB (or 2.0GiB in the linux world, or about 16 minutes). I believe this is an arbitrary limit set by Android for apps? I googled and found some people reporting the same file size limit problem.


Is it possible to get around this file limitation problem (I have nexus 5)? or is there a recording app that would break down the video into smaller sizes? The external mic is a requirement for me though.


If you know how to use external mic that with the native video recording app (1 hour recording limit), that would be even better. soundabout did not work for me.



People complaining about the limit: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1714021




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...