Thursday, September 11, 2014

Reduce minimum in call volume


I find that the minimum in-call volume on my HTC Desire is still far to loud on some calls.


Since I got the phone, I have flashed several different custom ROMs, radio updates, etc, and have had the issue throughout.


Do you know of any way (setting, hack, app, whatever) to reduce the minimum volume?


My device is rooted and I am currently running one of the CyanogenMod 7 (Gingerbread) nightly builds.



Answer



I was reminded by a friend that the CyanogenMod ROM I am using includes 'DSPManager' which is essentially a graphic equaliser with profiles for Headset, Phone Speaker and Bluetooth Device.


By lowering all the levels for the Phone Speaker profile I have managed to reduce the minimum in call volume (hooray!).



For people using ROMs other than CM on a rooted device, I believe a combination of DSPManager APK and modified audio library can be flashed but people appear to have had mixed results.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...