Thursday, March 22, 2018

tasker - Is there any way to programmatically turn on airplane mode on non-rooted android?


I used to use Tasker tasks to turn airplane mode on and off automatically when I needed it. Now, it seems, this requires root. But rooting my phone bans me from using Android Pay or any other SafetyNet-locked app. (The latest updates to SafetyNet even detect the new systemless root, and may even be triggered by an unlocked bootloader even on an unrooted phone.)


Is there any way I can reliably turn airplane mode on and off with Tasker or some other automated tool, without losing access to Android Pay?


(Bonus question: why on earth does Google consider turning on airplane mode to be such a dangerous feature that it's banned entirely on non-rooted devices?)




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...