Friday, March 23, 2018

Is there an app or setting available to increase video recording duration?


My question is similar, but not identical to this one. Essentially I'd like to record videos of unlimited length on my android device(s) - that prior question seems to deal with a technical limitation: max filesize for FAT32. My issue is with an arbitrary limitation: the GNex uses EXT4 so max filesize isn't a reason to cut off my recordings at 30 minutes so I can only assume that this limit must be hard-coded into either the camera app or Android itself.


I understand that for many users you need to do some hand-holding and keep them from sucking down battery life, but I intend to record on a tripod while plugged in so none of that really matters to me. I'm also aware of an antiquated tax act in parts of Europe that heavily taxes devices that can record for > 30 minutes as "video recording devices" but I don't live in Europe and don't want to be limited by the obscure tax code of a country I don't even live in.


Is there a way to disable this limitation so the built-in camera app can record for > 30 minutes? Is there some alternate video recording app that doesn't have this limitation? Do the answers to these questions change if I root my phone?



Answer



Try Magisto. I just tested it initially and managed to record for almost 2.5 hours before I stopped it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...