Monday, March 5, 2018

backup - TWRP createTarFork() error 255 when backing up data


I have installed FreedomOS on my OnePlus 5. I'm not sure if this is related to FreedomOS, but when I try to make a backup in TWRP with data, system, and boot, it has an error with createTarFork() shortly after it gets to backing up data. It also says 'read only filesystem' when I try to open Terminal from Advanced and run 'cd /data/media/0/TWRP/BACKUPS/bad7d639 && rm -rf backup-name'. What can I do to fix this and why is this happening?



Answer



I think I found the solution!



  1. Go to Wipe in TWRP, swipe to factory reset

  2. Download: OnePlus Recovery: oxygenos.oneplus.net.s3.amazonaws.com/OP5_recovery.img OxygenOS: oxygenos.oneplus.net.s3.amazonaws.com/OnePlus5Oxygen_23_OTA_015_all_1708252353_e6d7756780064352.zip

  3. Rename recovery image as recovery.img, boot phone into fastboot, plug into computer, run these commands on the computer: fastboot devices fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot boot recovery.img


  4. Open recovery on phone

  5. Select Forgot Password, will wipe all leftover files in SD Card.

  6. Boot back into recovery, select reload, select Install over ADB or Install Over USB or something similar and plug phone into computer.

  7. Run 'adb sideload oxygen-os-filename' without quotes on computer.

  8. Let it install OxygenOS, it may appear to be frozen at some points; it probobaly isn't, so don't shut it off or unplus USB.

  9. Download Bluspark TWRP: forum.xda-developers.com/devdb/project/dl/?id=26601&task=get

  10. Reboot into fastboot, plug into computer and run these commands on the computer: fastboot devices fastboot flash recovery bluspark-twrp-filename-location.img fastboot boot bluspark-twrp-filename-location.img

  11. Success (hopefully)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...