Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Avoid mobile version of YouTube


For some reason, either Vodafone UK or YouTube think they are smarter than my own desires and are constantly redirecting my phone to use the mobile version of YouTube.


This would be fine, except whenever I click a direct video link from somewhere else on the web (even from Google results that I got using the phone itself) I get kicked back to the mobile version's index page, with no assistance to find what I was originally trying to watch!



This even happens when I click the "Desktop" link on either my phone or Chrome through wireless hotspotting, and it's extremely irritating - especially through Chrome as that should be the user agent being "detected", if anything - device neutrality anyone?!


If anyone knows at what level this is happening and/or how to stop it, that would be greatly appreciated.




No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...