Sunday, March 4, 2018

Create new Labels in Gmail App


Gmail App in my Android device shows correctly all the labels that I created using Gmail through web interface.


Can I create new labels in Gmail on Android device using Gmail App?


Also, ideally, once I create these new labels in Gmail App, I obviously should be seeing the same in Web Interface of Gmail too (Sync!!).


Any ideas?



Answer



As of current writing, it seems that it's (still) impossible to create a new label in Android Gmail app. From Google Gmail official support,



Create a label




  1. On a computer, open Gmail. You can't create labels from the Gmail app.

  2. On the left, click More.

  3. Click Create new label.

  4. Name your label.

  5. Click Create.



(Emphasis mine)


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...