Thursday, March 15, 2018

headphones - Change default application for handling headset controls


I have a HTC Desire HD running stock 2.2


When using the HTC supplied headphones, the play/pause/nav controls only work with Meridian. I don't remember explicitly setting it up as such, although I may have missed it. I'd like to be able to use them with BeyondPod instead, as I'm about 10x more likely to be listening to a podcast than music.


Is there a way to change the default app for these buttons?



Answer



A bit more playing around led me to a (if not THE) solution. I found an "enable headset buttons" check box in Meridian, which prompted me to dig further into BeyondPod, where a found a similar setting.


Everything works as I'd like now.



I've since gone back and checked a couple of things though, which are not quite as I expected. I thought if you re-enabled the controls within one app, it might disable the other. This isn't quite what happened. When I re-enabled Meridian, it responded to the controls, although BeyondPod still showed it as supposedly responding, which it didn't. Once I'd disabled Meridian again, I had to go back into BeyondPod, disable and re-enable it's control in order to have it respond again.


My main gripe was that if I were listening a podcast, and bumped the headphone controls, the music would start playing over the top of my podcast audio. While it may be a cute multi-tasking demo, it's not a particularly practical use of this feature, IMH(BC)O.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...