Saturday, June 24, 2017

wi fi - Galaxy S6 and S7 not auto-connecting to WiFi


I've had a problem with my phones (Galaxy S6 and S7) not auto-connecting to WiFi. When I open up the WiFi settings it will connect.


Is there any way I can determine if an app is disrupting the ability to auto-connect?


I think it is not the phone because I just got a new S7.


I think it is not the router because this happens with multiple routers.


Thanks very much for your help.


Edit: This is close to being a duplicate of
AT&T Samsung Galaxy S6 will not connect to WiFi automatically and

Galaxy S6 no longer automatically connects to my home WIFI


Edit 2: I have uninstalled a bunch of apps on my S6 and it now auto-connects without issue!


Edit 3: I have uninstalled a bunch of apps on my S7 and it now auto-connects without issue!!



Answer



This appears to be a problem with app interference. I have uninstalled a bunch of apps on my phones and they now auto-connect without issue.


I wish I knew which app or apps was the culprit. As I install back some apps that I need maybe I will find out. If I do I will update this answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

samsung galaxy s 2 - Cannot restore Kies backup after firmware upgrade

I backed up my Samsung Galaxy S2 on Kies before updating to Ice Cream Sandwich. After the upgrade I tried to restore, but the restore fails ...